Safety helmet MSA 1000 V with face shield (EN 166 8).
Ideal for applications with limited arc flash risks.
• Helmet, V-Gard white with Push-Key suspension, PVC sweatband (EN 397 440 V AC and EN 50365)
• V-Gard frame (EN 166: 389 BT)
• Electrician visor basic- V-Gard sheet visor, 203x432x1,5mm (EN 166 2C–1,2 1B 389)
The V-GARD helmet
• The Original V-Gard, most popular style worldwide, >120 Million sold
• Reliable, UV stabilised HDPE helmet shell
• For many industrial applications the ideal and most economic solution
• GOST certified (–50°C)
EN 166 marking “8” indicates visors and frames which protect against an open circuit electric arc of 12 kA max, 380-400 V, 50 Hz nominal for 1 sec max. The requirements are: metal free, defined face coverage, visor
thickness minimum 1,4 mm with a scale number of 2-1,2 or 2C-1,2. MSA Visors certified to EN 166 personal eye protection, marking “8” – Short circuit electrical arc for 1.5 mm and 2.5 mm thick PC clear visors
Storage time (helmet not used): 2 years
Service life (in addition to storage time): 4 years
MSA recommends noting the date of first use on the sticker (supplied with the helmet) and affixing it to the shell. This is usually the start date of the service life.
NOTE: The “date code” on the edge of the MSA helmet indicates the date of manufacture (shell), not the actual date of commencement of use, as the time between the date of manufacture and the actual distribution to the user varies.